Awesome Iran Round-Up
Featuring crappy clickable Photoshop!
Emergency Nuke Meeting Set for Feb. 2
Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said nuclear weapons were against Islamic teachings, as well as Iranian interests, but he vowed to pursue atomic energy.
UPDATE: Russians Ask, What's the Rush?
Brilliant UN Strategy: Try to Shame Holocaust Deniers
"Iranians are very proud and don't want to become a pariah state like North Korea," said Edward Luck, a Columbia University professor specializing in U.N. affairs. "I think they would find it very unattractive."
Iran on Referral: We Triple Dog Dare You
Iran Prez Wipes Himself With Draft Resolution
Experts: Russia, China Will Defang Sanctions
It's all about ooooooiiiiiiillllll
The West's Options -- CSM's Analysis
For some experts, the time is ripe to prepare the world economy for living without Iranian oil - by developing pipelines in the oil-rich Gulf region to circumvent Iran- dominated transport routes.... [D]eveloping a pipeline alternative for exporting Iraqi and other oil without the strait would reduce the impact [of losing Iranian oil exports] to less than 1 percent of GDP, Sokolski says.
The West's Options -- Israel's Proposal
* Sanctions against Iranian oil exports. According to the defense establishment's analysis, an oil embargo would hurt Iran more than it would hurt the West, since Iran's economy is wholly dependent on oil....
* Banning Iran's soccer team from this summer's World Cup.
* Denying visas for foreign travel to Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Iranian officials involved in the country's nuclear program.
* Halting the IAEA's technical cooperation with Iran on nuclear issues.
* Restricting landings by Iranian civilian aircraft.
Guardian Op-Ed: We - can't - win