Thursday, January 12, 2006

Alito: O'Connor's My Role Model

"I would try to emulate her dedication and her integrity and her dedication to the case-by-case process of adjudication."



MORE: NYT: O'Connor Casts a Long Shadow

The Constitution does not say what criteria the Senate should use in deciding whether to confirm a Supreme Court nominee. But at least one clear test has emerged over the first three days of Judge Samuel A. Alito Jr.'s confirmation hearings. This nominee must, it seems, continually refer to and, if at all possible, endorse the views of the woman he aims to replace, Justice Sandra Day O'Connor.

MORE: Cornyn: Dems Full of Shit

MORE: Alito Resists Making Comparisons to O'Connor

"I think we all have to be who we are," Judge Alito told the Senate Judiciary Committee.... [He] had praised Justice O'Connor frequently in his earlier testimony and he said today that she would be remembered "with great admiration." But he added, "I am my own person."

2 Comments:

Anonymous AGD said...

I'm already wistful for the SNL sketches that can't be done b/c Phil Hartman's gone. Just look at that pic, it's begging for Phil.

January 12, 2006 3:08 PM  
Blogger SarahW said...

Utron said come look at this.

I can't believe you're back--
tears of joy.

January 12, 2006 5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home